CBR600RR Rebuild 4


I took a little break from posting due to some personal issues, I still made a bit of progress and am starting to get back on track. For a start I got a great deal on a mint set of fairings.

They also came with a tank cover and seat cowl that should work great! I printed some fork seal sliders and installed the new fork seals after a fair bit of sanding on the stanchions. The seal sliders don’t really slide and the new fork dust seals were super tight so I ended up destroying one of the sliders using the rubber mallet and had to print another set. I also ended up putting the old dust seals back on.

The new rubber buttons for the gauges came in so I got them installed but when I turned it on, I couldn’t hear the fuel pump prime. Turned out there was a broken wire in the harness that goes to the ignition.
I cut up an old tote lid and made some headlight blanks, hot glued them in place and duct taped over it, then sanded the fairing ready for painting.

Josh managed to get the wheels sand blasted before he finished for Christmas, he did a great job, here’s before and after.

A while back I picked up a nice Simpson Street Bandit that was made in 2016 so should be good for a couple of years on the track. I got some dark tint window film with the great idea of applying it to the helmet shield but I couldn’t get more than an inch wide strip with no air bubbles so I scrapped that idea.

Next Post

CBR600RR Rebuild 5

There’s not a lot of room in the trailer for painting the wheels and I wanted to be able to rotate them and preferably be able to get to both sides while painting rather than do one side and then turn it over. I found a tube in the garage […]

You May Like